Wizz Air (W6)
view more promo
Information Baggage of Wizz Air
- Small Cabin Bag (42 X 32 X 25 CM) for FREE
- Large Cabin Bag (56 X 45 X 25 CM) Pre-purchase
- Checked-in Bag (149 X 119X 171 CM / MAX 32 KG EACH) Pre-purchase
- Personal Item (40 X30 X18 CM) With priority boarding
Tips: Book cheaper in advance : Baggage Fee Calculator
For passengers without priority boarding are allowed to carry only one piece of cabin baggage which is either a free small cabin bag or a paid large cabin bag
When flying with WIZZ, each person can bring:
- one small cabin bag, no larger than 42 x 32 x 25 cm
- up to 6 pieces of checked-in baggage, weighing no more than 32 kilogram each
- duty free items purchased at the airport after security checks
Additional items on board
Passengers can take the following items on board free of charge:
- a coat or blanket
- mobile phone
- reading material for the flight
- for children younger than 2: food for the duration of the flight and foldable baby stroller or a small crib
- a pair of crutches for physically disable passengers
If you are eligible for priority boarding, you are allowed to carry one extra personal item in addition to your small or large cabin bag:
- a hanbag, a laptop bag or a camera bag that is smaller than 40 x 30 x 18 cm
Purchase baggage allowance
Purchase extra baggage, during or after your booking, on your flight summary page.
- Alternatively, purchase during the online check-in process up to 3 hours before departure You can also pay at the airport when you arrive, but fees will be higher. Booking via online is cheapest.
Size and Weight
Checked-in baggage can not be larger than:
- Width: 149 cm
- Height: 119 cm
- Lenght: 171 cm
- 32 kg per piece
Note: On pushchair / foldable baby stroller / infant can seat be checked in free of charge for each small child
Upgrade to large cabin bag
Pack smart and take a bag larger than a small cabin bag on board for a free
- Cost €10.00 - €20.00, depending on the route
- fits within the limit of 56 x 45 x 25 cm
- fits into the overhead compartment
- you'll be able to place your item in the overhead compartment without assistance
Turn your large cabin bag into checked-in baggage
If you need more space, you can upgrade your large cabin bag allowance to checked-in baggage by paying the price difference.
- Purchase the large cabin bag when you book your flight
- alternatively, add the upgrade on your flight summary page up to three hours before departure
It is possible to travel with a lot of baggage.
- check in up to six pieces of luggage per flight - with baggage fees applying to each separate piece
- pay for the first three pieces online, and if you have more, you can pay for the rest at the airport
Higher baggage fees do apply for any additional pieces of checked-in baggage purchased at the airport. Weigh your bags before you arrive, as a €20 surcharge will be due at the airport if your bag weighs between 23kg and 32 kg
A Certain airports, the relevant baggage fee may only be paid using a credit or debit card:
- Brno (BRQ)
- Paris Beauvais (BVA)
- Cologne (CGN)
- Donetsk (DOK)
- Dortmund (DTM)
- Grenoble (GNB)
- Haugesund (HAU)
- Kharkiv (HRK)
- Kyiv Zhulyany (IEV)
- Kristiansand (KRS)
- Malmo (MMX)
- Milan Malpensa (MXP)
- Pisa (PSA)
- Stavanger (SVG)
- Trondheim (TRD)
- Oslo Sandefjord Torp (TRF)
- Moscow (VKO)
Check-in Information of Wizz Air
- Check-in starts 2 hours and closes 40 minutes before departure. For special request and needs or travel pre-booked assistance, please check in 2 hours prior to schedule of departure.
- Online Check-In is available on website, mobile and airport. For online check-in please click here.
- Present the printed boarding card at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time
- If you have baggage to drop off, go to the baggage drop desk no later than 40 minutes prior to departure
|BASIC (Travel Light)||Online Check in not available|
|WIZZ GO (Pack & Save)||Online Check in available|
|WIZZ PLUS (All in & Full Flex)||Airport and Online Check-in Available|
Passengers to be present at the boarding gate with complete document, no later than 30 minutes before the schedule of departure time
Information of Fares and Fee of Wizz Airlines, please click here
Wizz Air plan to launch on June 2003 and just need three months as a airlines registered ready to fly. Fly from Katowice on 19th May 2004, Wizz Air Took Off for the first flight.
Till now, Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Katowice, Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary, Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Sofia and Varna in Bulgari Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland, Chisinau in Moldova, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Tirgu Mures, Iasi, Sibiu, Craiova, and Timisoara in Romania, Kyiv in Ukraine, Prague in Czech Republic, Belgrade in Serbia, Kutaisi in Georgia and Kosice in Slovakia, Vilnius in Lithuania, Tuzla in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Skopje in Macedonia and Riga in Latvia.
The business continue growing and become a Central and Eastern Europe’s largest low-cost airline, Wizz Air successfully completed an initial public offering on the 25th of February 2015 admitted to the London Stock Exchange. Now, Wizz Air listed on the LSE under the ticker WIZZ and have more than 3000 people.
On its 11th anniversary in May 2015, WIZZ announced a full brand rejuvenation and new aircraft livery to respond to maturing traveller requirements, taking its place among Europe’s major airlines. WIZZ moved to a more vibrant, fresh, sophisticated look and feel. Few of the initiatives introduced in conjunction with the branding initiative were seat allocation, priority boarding, enhanced fare system, amongst many others.
Wizz Air was named 2016 Value Airline of the Year by Air Transport World, a leading industry magazine.
Wizz Air is a a low-cost airline of Hungarian with home base in Budapest established in September 2003 with Indigo Partners as the lead investor. Wizz Air serves flights to over 500 routes across Europe, Middle East, Israel and United Arab Emirates. .
On 19th of May 2004, Wizz Air took off from Katowice as its first flight. Now Wizz Air has flying from 27 bases in the region: Katowice, Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary, Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Sofia and Varna in Bulgari Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland, Chisinau in Moldova, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Tirgu Mures, Iasi, Sibiu, Craiova, and Timisoara in Romania, Kyiv in Ukraine, Prague in Czech Republic, Belgrade in Serbia, Kutaisi in Georgia and Kosice in Slovakia, Vilnius in Lithuania, Tuzla in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Skopje in Macedonia and Riga in Latvia.
Wizz Air has become a favorites airline with its low fares across Europe.
Information Terminal of Wizz Air
|Budapest Airport||Depart and Arrive at Terminal 2 BUD|